We use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Site, including to personalize, provide, and improve our services, to contact you, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to analyze how you use the Site. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please unsubscribe here. Click here to unsubscribe. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
Whenever you interact with our Site, web servers such as Google Analytics and Google Firebase may automatically capture the following information from visitors to the Site, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, “cookie” information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Site, and the page or feature you requested. When we collect the usage information described above, we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Site, and we can use that knowledge to make the Site interesting to as many users as possible. This visitor information may be used to improve the Site.
Disclosure of information
We will not voluntarily share your name and email provided via the Site to any third party, except:
– With third parties that we hire to perform services for us (these third parties are not authorized to keep or use your Personal Information for any other purpose);
– With advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in California to show you ads or offers for California businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are. Note that if an advertiser asks us to show an ad to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach;
– With our partners to improve your experience. We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you are not individually identified, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Site, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual;
– To comply with legal requirements and protect Aging Courageously, such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel or
– In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our policies and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Aging Courageously, our employees, our users, or others.
Your choices and access
The Site may allow you to choose to receive or stop receiving communications from us. You can prevent further use of your name or email address by submission through this form. Please click here to fill it out.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: mailto:email@example.com.
Under the General Data Protection Agreement (GDPR), you may update your Personal information at any time to correct or complete your Personal Information by clicking on the “Update Preferences” link in the bottom of an Aging Courageously email message sent to you or contacting mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. You can at any time request a copy of the Personal information which we have received from you and you can request to remove the content by either unsubscribing or contacting us at mailto:email@example.com. You can request your Personal Information be permanently deleted at any time by contacting mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. To read the full text of the GDPR, click here. For a more readable version, click here.
Links to other Websites
Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in Web pages or in emails. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a Web page and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons also may be included in emails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on or forwarded. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. You may be able to opt-out of web beacon tracking by adjusting the settings on your browser.
We take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from loss and misuse. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If we discover that a child has provided us with Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete this information. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If you have reason to believe we may have accidentally received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please immediately contact us at mailto:email@example.com.